Image Map

Monday, July 6, 2015

Currently... It's What We're Up To!

What the hey?  Who the what? Could someone please explain to me what happened to June!!! Yesterday we were all friendly and today...gone!!!

I can---not---believe---1 month is already GONE!  Gone, I tell you!

So I am hoping I am getting a little empathy here, because the hubs won't hear of it.

He says I'm whiny.

He says "real people" jobs don't get 8 weeks!

He says he WISHED he got 8 weeks!

Well mister...don't confuse me with the FACTS!!!!  Summer is slipping through my hands...gah!!

Good news though!  I LOVE MY JOB!!!! so it's perfectly fine that I'll be going back in a few short weeks.

But too bad for me because I will have to break up with my bed, my pajamas, my coffee cup, The Chew, my books, the beach, the pool, and ALL my other SUMMER LOVES!!!!

So...here's what I am up to this July!

LISTENING:  Crazy, right?  I know!  Peace and Quiet is pretty unheard of around these parts in the summer!  So I am more than happy to soak up every minute of it when I get the chance!

LOVING:  I honestly am excited, scared to death, star struck, freaking out, elated, prepared, unprepared, hesitant, and ecstatic ALL at the same time!  Page can't make it this year, and I couldn't go last year.  So I won't have my team TPT partner there to soak it all in with me.    I can't wait to meet all of the blogging friends I have made over the years and meet some of my favorite TPT sellers too, but lordy I am nervous about meeting them ALL AT ONCE!  I know it will be a little overwhelming!  And I am feeling like Farley too...will I wear the "right clothes"?  Will I see some people I "know" and will they even recognize me?  Will I get lost in that HUGE hotel?  I have GOT to get outta my head, and just enjoy the ride!!!!

THINKING:  I keep checking off the boxes and just when I think I have most everything done, I think of 10 more things.  But...who cares...because I am just READY to go!  Remember...I'm along for the joy ride! ;)

WANTING:  Seriously...where the heck did June go???? 

NEEDING:  I am SOOOOO excited about my soon-to-be home makeover!  We moved into our new house 10 years ago.  We went with a Tuscan theme, and to be honest...I truly loved it!  The hubs...not so much!  So now we are both ready for a change...technically the hubs has been ready for 10 years!!!  We both decided we liked the whole FARMHOUSE thing that we are seeing here and there.  We especially LOVE some of the design styles we see over at Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour and over at Decor Steals.   This led us both to decide that since we finally agreed on a new style...it was time to get busy.  My formal living room in-house storage unit is ready to be cleared out.  But first..there needs to be some serious painting done around here.  I'm hoping I'll get some FOCUS once I return from Vegas!  Who knows, maybe I'll win BIG on the slots and I can hire folks to get it done for me!!!  

ALL STAR:   I'm not ALWAYS in a perfect mood, but I DO try very hard to find the bright spot in things.  If a kiddo is having a bad day, I look for the one good thing going on and try to build from that.  If a co-worker comes over frustrated that the copier is broken or the office staff won't cooperate, then I tell them they "get the morning off" and we'll hit it again later in the day.  When they come in my room cranky...I try to send them out laughing with a smile on their face.  Now don't get me wrong...sometimes I'M the cranky one, but I really do try hard to lift others up around me.  Life's too short to be finding only lemons all the time...gotta make some lemonade!

So that's it for now.  Off to VEGAS tomorrow!!!!  EEEEEKKKK!

Thanks again to the WONDERFUL Farley over at Oh Boy 4th Grade for this amazing monthly linky party!  It's always FUN and a great way to find NEW folks to follow!!!


4 comments:

  1. My boyfriend feels EXACTLY like your husband… I mean he does ignore the fact that he gets a hot meal almost every night during the summer and that is NOT a given during the school year! Also, I am sooo jealous that you are going to VEGAS.. I went last year and it was LIFE-CHANGING! Have a wonderful time, and let me know if you find a way to slow summer down :)

    Alyssa Winter
    Ms.Winter's Wild West

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have five short weeks until school starts. I am aching over the loss of June. We were so close. My bed and I have become very good friends as well. We will have separation anxiety once August gets here. I leave for Vegas on Wednesday and can't wait to learn and have fun!

    Missy Kennedy
    The Kennedy Korral

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer has been going by WAY too quickly for me too! It seems like we can never get enough! I'm heading to Vegas tomorrow as well and am VERY excited..and nervous...but mostly excited! Perhaps I'll be able to see you there!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete