Image Map

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Little Faculty FUN

So, this is the slack partner of Kindergarten Squared!!! I have been missing in action and Cristy probably about ready to fire me!! 
So what have I been doing?? Mostly trying to get my 4 year old acclimated to pre-k! From the time he was 10 weeks old until last Friday, Brooks stayed with Nana. Let's just say the first day was a mess!!! Luckily he only ran from class once and the principal only had to call my husband once!! Each day has been getting a little better, but we still have Nana on reserve, just in case.!! Keep your fingers crossed we both survive!
My little one resting after running away from pre-k!!
Wish me luck!!
At our first faculty meeting we decided to have a little fun!!! We borrowed a STEM idea from one of our awesome new teachers, Mrs. Hardin. We have a pretty competitive staff so we knew a competition would be great for getting teams working together and having fun!! What was the prize???  Lunch out and the school foots the bill!! Yay!! Well all except for tip and taxes!! Our book keeper keeps us in line!
We challenged each team to stack cups into a tower using a rubber band with strings attached. Each team member had to control a string and no one could use their hands. Unfortunately we did not give very specific instructions. However, in our mind we imagined these super tall towers where each row had one less cup! Of course the kindergarten team in conjunction with out REACH teacher decided to create their own interpretation of a tower.  We sent three teams to lunch!! It was really fun!!

We would love to hear some fun ideas you guys do at your faculty meetings!!! 
Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. I had to hide from my son for 6 weeks when he was 3 years old. He went to the same school as me attending the PreK program. Every time he saw me he would run crying to me and then the teacher and I had to pull him off of me. It was emotional for all of us. After that my class and I played hide and seek from him, by coming in and out of other classrooms. That too passed and now he is 10 years old and on his news team at his school. Good luck with your son. Have a great school year too.

    ReplyDelete