Image Map

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Rockin' with Soil and Rocks! - Leave A Comment if you Dare :)


Yahoo!!! WE are so excited about beginning our next science unit on Rocks and Soil. Seriously!!!

Every year (before NOW) we really did kinda dread, hate, loathe, our unit on rocks and soil.   But guess what????

We just finished creating, what we THINK will be a super, awesome science unit on Rocks and Soil that will not make us want to poke our eyes out! This unit will not only be rigorous and fun for our kiddos but will also be PRETTY DARN CUTE and easy to look at (if I do say so myself)!!

Click any picture to head on over to our tpt store to grab this pack!
This unit is jam packed with Learning Stations for Rocks, Exploration Activities for Soil, 2 Non-Fiction readers, and an Experiment on Soil. The kiddos will have the opportunity to brainstorm what they know, ask questions about things they want to know, hunt for rocks and soil, measure, weigh, compare, write about and read about rocks and soil! We can't wait to get started! Click the images below to grab some FREEBIES :).



When your not busy enjoying this fall weather or watching Survivor or FOOTBALL, check out all the cool things in this pack!!


As always, if you leave us a comment about what you think, you may be the LUCKY WINNER !!
We will give 1 AWAY!!

19 comments:

  1. What a fun unit! Looks good. higgystyx@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather. We can't wait to dig into this unit tomorrow!!

      Delete
  2. Teaching about rocks and materials is my least favorite topic to cover... it is such a bore to me BUT your pack looks super cute and fun so it will definitely help spice up my unit! pocketofkinders@gmail..com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Shuna! We did most of these engaging activities with our kiddos last year, but they seem much better now that they look cute too!

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks super fun! Definitely will spice up the topic.
    Michelle
    mjaquillard@oregoncs.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! We hope our kiddos will have a blast learning about Rocks and Soil!

      Delete
  4. Rocks are 1 of my least favorite too. But, I have boys this year who love them. I have a few who bring different rocks in every day for me to ooh and ahh over. They would love this! deccles@joink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Debbie that your kiddos are bringing things into the class to share. We love when we can tell the kiddies go home and still think/talk about school!

      Delete
  5. I actually really enjoy talking about rocks with my kiddos. They love to bring in rocks and share about them to each other - we've gotten garden variety rocks, polished stones, and some really fun ones that parents/older siblings have. Your unit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andrea!! We do love when the kiddos get excited and bring in things to talk about :).

      Delete
  6. This looks like a great unit! Much more fun and exciting than what we currently have! I think my kiddos would love it. We just finished up our 5 senses and I love how you have incorporated how we use those to study our rocks and soil!
    luvarbon2@sbcglobal.net
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Laura!! We also just finished up 5 senses and are excited to be able to tie 5 senses into rocks!! Hopefully, learning will be more meaningful ;).

      Delete
  7. You guys rock! Teaching science is not my strongest area so I'm happy to see your latest unit!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie!! We also felt science was more difficult than other areas. We decided to create science units so we would have to invest more time learning about fun ways to get us and our students excited about science :).

      Delete
  8. Thank you friends for all of the sweet comments!! And the winner is...
    Cherie!! We will send the unit to you right now! Please, let us know if you receive the product!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog today. I was a Kindergarten teacher and now I'm the school principal. I just wanted to say I love what I see on your blog. I write a blog and I locate great teachers around the world and share on my blog with my principal friends. Stop by and check it out and follow. Stephanie from Principal Principles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am excited to begin our Rock and Soil study on Monday. January 6, 2014. I love your unit!!
    I am Excited to share it with my colleagues:) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't like having to sign up for a photo program to get your freebie

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is nice for my children indeed, Our website has everything you need to know about... Telkom University

    ReplyDelete