So...let's get on with it! The BIG classroom reveal! We sure hope you like it and snag a few ideas that might work for you too!
1. My desk covered in polka dot fabric and purple border. LOVE me some spray adhesive!
2. So in LOVE with these FREE inspirational posters from Traci Bender. They are mounted in $4 Wal-mart frames and then we added the ribbon for cuteness sake!
3. Paper lanterns are from Party City. The printed banner is from Hope King's Decor pack. You'll see we used it all over the room!
4. SWOON! Our new class library! Rug from Target, pillows from Wal-mart and Target, book bins from Big Lots, white storage piece from Target, and awesome black library labels from Maria Manore!
1. Calendar board including days of the week, weather, straws, box tops, character key...
2. Weather chart. This was originally pinned with no link...picture only. And Rowdy in Room 300 remade it and shared it FREE with others. Score!
3. These are desk name plates we created in brights, stripes, chevron, polka dots, and more. They print 4 1/2 by 14 and we have to say we think they look pretty darn great on the tables.
4. Up close calendar view.
1. Our library check out system. Kiddos move their clip to the "Library" tag when they head out the door. They know that 4 names may be moved at any given time!
2. Our cute days of the week cards from Hope King's pack.
1. Our CAFE board headers with a couple of strategies already posted!
2. Daily 5 labels. We just painted the clothespins red (we tried washi tape last year which was super cute, but it kept peeling off! So sad!) and clipped them to the chart. This is how they choose which Daily 5 they will visit each round. These signs were free, but we've had them a couple of years and can't find where we lucked up on them!
3. Our MATH POP! cards that hang on our calendar area. The kiddos love these and it's an easy way to quickly add in some daily math practice and review that's fun!
4. Cute 1st day photos of our sweet new littles. The sign is from our Back to School GALORE pack!
1. More Daily 5 FREEBIES that we LOVE! The Mr. Check-In's and 3 Ways to Read a Book sign are from A Year of Many Firsts!
2. We call it "The Cool Stool". The cushion is HOT pink...it looks a little weird colored in the picture??? We use it for Author's Chair sharing and any other "I'm Special and need a special chair" kinda moments!
3. All my 3 ring binders in cray-cray anything goes colors were driving me crazy. This year I splurged and bought matching ones in all my classroom colors. It makes me happy! The end!
4. Our alphabet wall from The Printable Princess. These look great and I love that whenever you may just happen to permanently loose, say...the letter Hh poster...for maybe, like weeks, or even months and have probably permanently scarred you kiddos, you can PRINT another one any old time you need too!
1. Table signs that we hung from cute and vibrant polka dot ribbon that would not cooperate at the time of this photography session and kept spinning around backwards just to taunt me!2. Containers for holding screens and green markers for Orton-Gillingham phonics.
3. My bright blue rocker...which is covered in that baby blanket fabric (minky...maybe???) that is so stinkin' soft. FYI---Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT sit in this chair if you are at ALL drowsy, sleepy, or even considering becoming so. Basically...sit at your own risk!
4. Black boxes from Big Lots for $3. Perfect size for holding pencil pouches for each table group. Coordinating table labels from Hope!
Another inspirational poster picture just because I am so in love with them! And here are a few of our book boxes for Daily 5 from Dollar Tree!
And...did I mention this is my NEW favorite place in my room???? In serious LOVE! It's hard to see, but we have some clothespins lying on top of the white bookshelf. They have ribbons tied on them to look like either a bow tie (for my boys) and a hair bow with ribbon tails (for my girls) and the clothespins are covered in washi tape (because as noted earlier...it's so cute...and they won't be touching this so maybe it will stay put!). We are going to hot glue those to the black, add their name labels, and hang student work. I'll try to remember to add a picture when we finally have a finished product.
So that about does it! Hope you enjoyed the tour!