Image Map

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Book Bash with my Kinder Friends!

Summer is almost here!  We're almost out of time, but WAIT!!! There's still just enough time to squeeze in those favorite books that no year would be complete without reading to your kinders!

 We've joined up with our KINDER FRIENDS to bring you our "Just in time for the end of school...BOOK BASH!"  Head over to each of our blogs where we'll be sharing one of our favorite books to end the year with!  You may just find the perfect read that YOU think no year would be complete without!

Now let's be honest!  This may just be one of the hardest posts I've ever had to write.  Seriously...I have a slight addiction to ALL books for littles and picking just ONE was nearly impossible!   Should I pick an all time favorite, or maybe one that's just been published, or maybe it's one that I just couldn't imagine any year being complete without THIS book being read.  So...in the spirit of fairness...I chose ALL 3! 

 No really, I wanted to, but instead I just picked one that seemed like the perfect puzzle piece to complete my year.  Hopefully you'll think so too!

One of my favorite children's authors of ALL TIME is Robert Munsch!  His books have great rhythm and pattern to them, and they are FOR REAL too too funny!  They make reading FUN and engaging.  Plus they work GREAT for end of the year puppet shows or plays.  No year would be complete without reading one of my favorites...
THE PAPER BAG PRINCESS!
First of all, it's a winner with the boys because there is FIRE, SMOKE, BURPING, and a DRAGON!
Secondly, it's a winner with my girls because there is a PRINCESS, a LOVE STORY, and a BRAVE lead character who doesn't put up with "A BUM!"

I love reading it!  They love hearing it!  They want to read it OVER and OVER!  #WINNING

And it makes a GREAT FUN and ENGAGING end of the year activity that reviews SO MANY standards and still feels like playing!  There's story elements, story retelling, working with a group, artistic elements, reading, speaking, and so many more!  Check out this POST if you want more details on how we roll out these projects!

So if you are looking for the perfect way to end your year with a meaningful AND fun read...give this sucker a go!  It's a winner for sure!!!

Be sure and HOP over to Katie at Mrs. Byrd's Learning Tree to check out another GREAT READ!!!

Thanks so much for reading!  We hope your year ends with a BANG, in a FLASH, with a big old BOOK BASH!  (See what I did there!!!) 

7 comments:

  1. I love reading all of these book recommendations on the #kinderfriends blog hop book bash! …very inspiring. I will put this one on my amazon wish list! Thank you!
    :-)Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Robert Munsch too, but haven't read this one. Now I have to! The puppets are adorable too BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Robert Munsch!!! His books are full of giggles!!! Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Puppets are ADORABLE! Ordering this book today! Thanks! Wendy 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this book!!! It's the original "girl power" story. I always try to include it in my fairy tale unit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute book! I am slightly embarrassed to call myself a kindergarten teacher and have not heard of the book! OMG!! Where has this princess book been all my life?? Thanks friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this kind of books, We'd love for you to visit our website and see what we're all about. Telkom University

    ReplyDelete