Image Map

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy New Year!

After our 2 "cold" days off, we FINALLY headed back to school.  THANK GOODNESS!  I love a break and all, but I was slap going crazy!  You can only be cooped up in a house for so long before you LOSE it!  Plus, I am pretty sure my "uniform" needed a break!  My poor jammies are just about threadbare from my 2 week stint! ;)

So to kick off the new year, I needed a new craft or writing goodie to get me motivated.  We found the BEST writing paper from Lori over at Teaching with Love!  It divided up goals into home, school, and community.  This helped the kiddos think about how they can improve their lives in 3 important places.  I love how thoughtful it made them.    Check out these adorable pieces!

Translation:  "Clean up in my home." - "I will try to keep stuff organized."  (Has then kiddo been spying on me!!!  It's like she's reading my mind!) - and finally "Sell stuff in my neighborhood!"

Translation:  "I want to try to be good." - "I want to try to get all greens."  (that's Class Dojo points she's talking about) - and "I want to try to not argue with friends."

Then our kiddos made some super cute SELFIES to hang with their writing in the hall.  We like to "let them loose" and see what they come up with.  The cutie on the left used markers and cut paper.  The cutie on the right used our "bingo dabbers" and made flowers on her hat and a "necklace" of sorts.  She even added her own party horn!  

The hall display turned out really cute, but I totally forgot to take a picture of it!  I'll try and remember Monday and add it on here!  UPDATE:  Here it is in all it's glory!  (PS - My I-Phone 3 stinks!  I SO NEED to upgrade so I can take better pics. on the fly!)


So if you still want to set some goals with your kiddos, check out Lori's FREE New Year's Writing!

Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. The New Years writing came out great! So glad you were able to use it! Love the cute craft too!
    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lori! We LOVED the format you created. I'll try to add a picture of the display since the whole darn thing turned out so cute! Thanks again for sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete